Friday, April 10, 2015

Seeing God's hand in Everything....Even a hysterectomy!


Yes, I am actually doing a post on my hysterectomy.  Don’t worry, no details just a whole lotta praise to God, so you can read on!


"Wait calmly for God alone, my soul, He alone is my rock and my savior - my stronghold.  I cannot be shaken.  my salvation and my glory depend on God.  God is the rock of my strength, my refuge."  Psalm 62:5-7


I can’t believe I am feeling as wonderful as I am just 17 days post-op from my surgery.  So much has happened in the days prior to today and I just want to share.  God has definitely showed up and showed off.


I started this post yesterday and tried to share all of the God stories that have happened, but I quit at 5 pages, just too much to share in a post so I deleted it and started over.  I am going to just share a few highlights that the Holy Spirit has pressed upon my heart so I would not miss them.  The next time we sit down and visit, I can give you the rest of the wonderful stories that our Father has blessed us with.  


First is timing for this surgery.

Of course it was perfect, it was His timing.  What I mean by that, is we did not have any ministry commitments to fulfill until we get to Alaska.  We were planning to take our time and travel up the west coast before heading into Canada and Alaska so we were not expected anywhere, we had the time.  After finding out how bad it was, knowing NOW was when it hit, BEFORE we were on the road in the middle of nowhere or in Alaska, now was the time.   When the Doctor said it could not wait until we got back home next year, we knew, that this was all a part of God’s plan and He is sovereign, NOW was the time.  God’s timing is always perfect!   
"Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us. Selah"  Psalm 62:8
"There is an appointed time for everything.  And there is a time for every event under heaven .... Ecclesiastes 3:1


Second is God’s provisions are always supplied!
The mission house we were
blessed with to stay in.
We are here in Tucson where we have very dear friends who I call family, who were a part of our faith family back home. So He 
provided support while we were here in Tucson.  When we found out that the surgery was in fact going to happen, He provided a 3 bedroom mission home with the most spectacular view for us to stay in for the 3 weeks we would be in Tucson for surgery and recover by Green Valley Baptist.  When we were told we had to put $11,220 as a down payment for surgery, He provided that through the most amazing generosity of friends and faith family members. Jehovah-jireh - "the Lord who provides"
 God’s provisions are always perfect!   

"The Lord is my shepherd.  I am never in need."  Psalm 23:1 

"God is my helper!  The Lord is the provider for my life.  Psalm 54:4   
"But first, be concerned about his kingdom and what has his approval.  Then all these things will be provided for you."  Matthew 6:33
"And my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

Third is that God is still in the business of miracles.
1 week and 2 days post op
released from Dr
Surgery to remove my uterus that was the size of a 5 month pregnancy - surgery to last 2 ½ hours only lasted 30 minutes!  When they made the incision, they said my uterus had floated up and was right there waiting on them.  They used no clamps or anything in me, they made the incision, saw the uterus, took it out, stitched me up and was out in 30 minutes, they all said that doesn’t happen.  To which I of course replied, It was all God!  My healing time, was off the chart.  I was off the pain pump, in less than 8 hours, off the pain pills in less than 3 full days, coughing, sneezing and laughing without the pillow in a week, off all of the Tylenol and Ibuprofen in 8 days, and back to my normal routines in less than two weeks (just no heavy lifting for 6 to 8 weeks).  Yes, all who are reading this, it is all true.  I am a total whimp with pain, I LOVE taking it easy and I have, I am NOT pushing it, I am really, really feeling great!    I am nor will I take a chance on hurting myself, that would just postpone my healing and postpone our departure.  Jehovah-rapha - "the Lord who heals" God’s healing miracles are always perfect!  
"O Lord my God, I cried to you for help, and you have healed me."  Psalm 30:2     
"So that my soul may praise you with music and not be silent.  O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever."  Psalm 30:12

Alaska coaster!
I just want to shout it from the mountain top that God is REAL!  I could never have had all this happen in just 3 short weeks if He wasn’t in complete control of the whole thing,  There is no denying all that has just happened at the hands of God.  He even put coasters in this  mission house in the middle of Arizona desert, (where all of the furnishings have been donated) with Alaska on them, I know that was all God just saying to me, Alaska is coming!!!  

I just come as humbly as I can, as a woman who is so in love with God I can’t help but tell every person I come in contact with! This time of reflection that I have had over the last few weeks on all that God had done in this whole process for me has just blown my mind. I pray that as you read these blogs that you will see that He is real. I also pray that if you don't have a personal relationship with Jesus, a relationship that causes real change, a relationship that is real and personal, and you want to know more about that, ask me, ask someone. If you have questions, ask them. God is the only one that can open your eyes and your heart to who He truly is, if you feel that happening, talk to Him, I can assure you, it will be the best thing that you will ever do! It is so worth it!

I am also so thankful that I was feeling so well, that we were able to go on a few more outings while we were in Tucson.  Stopped at a few thrift shops, got some pizza, enjoyed our Resurrection Day celebrations and then our trip to Mount Lemmon!  What a beautiful day that was. Lots of pictures below, hope you enjoy them!


When you look for God in everything...
...you will see God in Everything! 
(Even a hysterectomy!)
That is one of my favorite quotes - The author is anonymous, but I bet he/she was someone who knew God in a very intimate way.... "When you look for me, you will find me.  When you wholeheartedly seek me, I will let you find me, declares the Lord.  Jeremiah 29:13


This is a double rainbow we saw
on our way home from the doctor
visit....
Wish the double rainbow showed
up, but at least you can enjoy the single one



The shirt I wore on surgery day!

My amazing waiting room crew!

And of course I couldn't have surgery
without Gnomeo to keep me company

Just like old times :)
Had to go visit my first day out!
The beautiful blooming trees and cacti around our house!  
So thankful we were still here and able to see Tucson in the spring!



Giant cacti full of buds, blooming more everyday!






More games with the Dunn's
Sure am going to miss these two!


The rest of our stay.....
Living Lord's Super
  

Our  awesome new friend at the
pizza place, Two Sisters!

 

Resurrection Day pics




Worship with the Dunn's
 


Sunrise Service
 

Mt Lemmon adventure





That's me way up there!



I love how the trees just grow on the rocks












Our crazy cold windy picnic


Just a little yellow flower in the
middle of nothing









Can you tell we are shadow waving
9000' something above sea level


I felt like I was
on top of the world!



Good-bye Tucson - We sure will miss this view!



No comments:

Post a Comment