Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Niagara Falls!!!

Our site!
We traveled up to Niagara after we left Letchworth, which was amazing and stayed at 4 Mile Creek State Park right on Lake Erie.  We had a waterfront site, which made it even better.  The lake was so big it looked like the ocean or gulf, it even had waves.  I would see ducks float by and would remember, oh yea, it's fresh water.  Each night we walked to the other end of the campground to see the sunset, again, more amazing beauty.  One night there was even sail boats in the same direction as the sunset, very cool to see I might add.  I could do a whole post just on the campground, but the real amazement was of course, Niagara Falls.

I have heard about Niagara Falls forever, but never thought I would actually make it there, so this for me was a dream come true.  Everyone shared their experiences with me, I've seen pictures and heard stories, so I thought I was prepared to see it.  We walked in, went straight to the first waterfall (and somehow I missed the fact that Niagara was actually two different falls - HA - learn something new every day).  Well let me tell you, NOTHING compares and NOTHING prepares you for what you see.  The amount of the water, the sound, the power, the color and the most majestic beauty. I stood in silence as my eyes beheld the waterfall,  I wanted to take it all in, slowly looking at every part of it.  I was in complete AWE!  I was literally overtaken by what I saw.

We continued on to the horseshoe falls, again, overwhelmed by what I saw.  This one was even bigger, louder and more beautiful than the first one I saw.  I'm telling you, the sound, it was so loud.  The color, it was a beautiful aqua green color, absolutely beautiful and crystal clear.  My eyes are filled with tears even now as I think back to that first day I saw them, as I marveled over God's awesome creation.
See the little dot...That's the boat!

The second day at Niagara we decided would be our WET day, the day we would go do the Maid of the Mist and the Cave of Winds.  Trust me, your poncho they give you really does nothing but make for great photo opps because they sure don't keep you dry.  So we took all of the pictures from the look out tower and decided to head down to the boat.  We were given our ponchos, boarded the boat and we were off to the base of the waterfall.  On the ride over I was filled with excitement, adrenaline, and a little fear of the unknown.  As we began to approach the base of the waterfall, the sound was getting louder and louder and then all of the sudden THE MIST hit me.  Now, let me just clarify for those that have not had the pleasure of this experience, MIST it is NOT - it is more like a full blown RAIN STORM. It looks like a mist, they call it a mist, but it is NOT A MIST!  Ok, now that I have cleared that up, onward we went.  There were people everywhere and I made my way up to the railing to see the falls.  As we approached the closest point the boat could go, there was no more mist, it just stopped, and at that moment as I looked to the falls, it was like I was encased in a bubble or something, I again, stood in AWE, speechless about what I was seeing, and it was like I was the only one on the boat, there was a silence that I can not explain.  I had a moment with God and what I like to think was a touch of His glory.  I stood in silence, not a drop of water was hitting me, it was like time just stopped and I praised my HOLY ALMIGHTY KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS!  Tears ran down my face as I stood there.  It is hard to explain, but it was one of those great times where you feel God so intensely all around you as you see, feel and know who HE IS!  Oh what an awesome experience that I will cherish and never forget.  Then the sound came back and let me just tell you, it is LOUD at the base of the falls.  It felt like we got back to the dock way faster than we got there, but our boat ride was over.  When we came back Momma and I hit the other section to get closer to the falls, and yes we got SOAKED.  Again, the ponchos do NOTHING in the keeping you dry arena and your shoes, well lets just say, they are not dry when you are done. 

Now that we were soaked it was time to head over to the Cave of Winds, this is like a boardwalk all up the side of one section of the falls area.  This time they issued you cute little sandals so your shoes don't get wet (NOTE: if you go to Niagara and do these exciting things, do the Cave of Winds FIRST, get the cute sandals  then you can wear them on the Maid of the Mist so you don't get your shoes soaked...like we did!).  Mom and I were off to the falls - little sandals and yellow ponchos - we were ready! 

Again, the sound was crazy loud, and as we were taking pictures (water wasn't splashing too bad at this point) we noticed, this board walk of sorts was made with only two by fours...seemed a little sketchy on the construction, but since thousands of people go on this thing, I guess it was ok.  The water was ice cold, and there was so much of it.  Tons of water rushing under you, beside you and sometimes over you, it was crazy. 

We kept climbing onward and upward, taking quick pictures as we could until we reached the Hurricane Deck.  The Hurricane deck was the top where you were able to stand literally right next to the falls and feel the power and force of it.  Being from Florida and a hurricane pro - I was ready to take this on...OH MY WORD - CRAAAA-ZZYY - It was a total adrenaline rush - the water was practically pushing you down to the ground - I had to hold on to the railing and just let go for quick pictures and grab it again or it really would have pushed me to the ground.  But it was sooooo fun. I loved it and then it was mommas turn, what a trooper, she rocked it out, got up there and did it.  I was so excited for her and of course we got pictures of that too.  After about 45 minutes playing down there it was time to go find Daddy, who chose to enjoy a cup of coffee and people watching instead of the crazy water section.  One fact remained for him though...He was DRY!  

Next day we went to the Canada side to see the falls.  WHOA!  SOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL from the Canada side.  To be able to see it head on, just amazing.  I found myself just standing in amazement taking it all in,  again.  It was freezing that day, we should have taken heavier jackets, so Daddy decided to stay at the visitor center and enjoy his coffee inside instead of waking along the path to go take pictures.  Momma and I did however, walked the path so we could get pictures, but we walked really fast. 


I will say again, nothing could have prepared me for Niagara Falls and so thankful for this dream to have become a reality.  It was AMAZING!  I will never forget that experience and again I thank God for giving me this opportunity.  I am having the time of my life, with God and with my parents. 

Oh and on a side note, Momma and I took over 800 pictures in the four days we were there, but don't worry, I won't post them all! :)  Hope you enjoy the pictures!!!

CAMPGROUND




Sailboats on the water during sunset















NIAGARA FALLS - DAY ONE
 







 













NIAGARA DAY 2

OBSERVATION TOWER
 





 MAID OF THE MIST BOAT RIDE








 
 
 CAVE OF THE WINDS
 










NIAGARA - DAY 3
CANADIAN SIDE























The falls were almost as beautiful
as my Momma!
 


 THANK YOU GOD FOR YOUR CREATION OF
NIAGARA FALLS!







We love and miss you all ~
Please keep us in your prayers!

Kristi
Bob & Carol
RV'n 4 Jesus
Galatians 6:9-10





Thank you so much for those of you who have donated and or help sponsor our journey across the United States. 

If you would like to donate or would like to sponsor us, the information is below.  If you have any questions or concerns, please just let us know and we will get back with you right away.  

Donations and Sponsors are welcomed and most appreciated!
Giving is a blessing for others as well as a blessing to us.
PayPal account -
Enter kristiskreations1@yahoo.com (my business account) and follow the instructions.
If you do NOT have a Pay Pal account there is a .59 cent fee for the transaction.

To mail a check - please send it to our home church ~
First Baptist Church Salt Springs
C/O Mary Beth Gervais
24100 NE Hwy 314
Salt Springs, FL 32134.


Either way, whether you choose to make a contribution or not, please know that your prayers are very much wanted, needed and appreciated. We are walking by faith and know that God will provide! Thank you and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment