Saturday, November 1, 2014

Olla, LA fair food booth - Craziest week EVER!!!

Trinity Community Mission of Olla, LA and the fair booth ministry.  


 
Momma, Daddy and I served here 2 years ago and we fell in love with the people and the ministry.  Trinity Community Mission is a place where anyone in need can come and get help, from free clothing to food and most of all, they are showed the love of Christ and many times bathed in prayer while they are there.  Trinity Mission takes no government money so they can share the gospel, pray with and do whatever the Holy Spirit leads them to do to help someone in need. 

This is where the fair booth ministry comes in.  The annual fair in Olla is an event the whole town looks forward to as well as the surrounding towns.  The best booth of the fair is the Pinehill Baptist Church food booth, of course I am a little biased.  The booth is open breakfast, lunch and dinner.  Yes, it is to provide food, but the best part is, they give the carnival workers free coffee, a smile, kind words, and are shown the love of Christ all week long.  The week is capped off by a big ole down home fish fry with all the fixins and we serve them!  Nothing like a good home cooked meal after being on the road for the whole season. They are our special guests and treated as such. Not only do they receive great food and fellowship, but they also hear the gospel. Some of them for the first time ever. What an amazing thing to be a part of! God allowing us to be used for His glory, by sharing the most amazing story, His story!  

The food booth is also a fundraiser for the mission.  So, not only does God provided His children with the chance to be His hands and feet to the carnival workers, He also provides for the mission to be His hands and feet all year long.   Again, God is ALWAYS at work around us, we just have to join Him where He is as we obediently follow His Holy Spirit.

Knowing what a great opportunity the fair ministry is and the funds going to Trinity Community Missions, we definitely wanted the fair to be on our route for sure.  When we finally got the dates for the fair, we called our home faith family immediately.  Praying they could line up a team to come out and come along side of not only us, but Trinity Community Mission as well.  Sure enough, a team was formed.  10 (including the three of us) were ready to sign up for the 2014 fair food booth. Of course, Momma, Daddy and I, then Mary Beth, Frank and Maurine, Marylou all from FBC Salt Springs, Janis from Sparr Baptist Church and Debra from Flemington Baptist Church and last but certainly not least, Minnie which I should include from Salt Springs, but her physical address is actually Hattiesburg, MS.  God put exactly who He wanted on the team, and we were ready...we knew God would show up and show out, but WOW what a week it was!   

All I have to say is that yes,  that was the hardest week I have had since the last time we worked the fair.  You are truly pushed to the max.  But let me tell you how awesome it was to be in a booth, which I so lovingly called the "pressure cooker", with men and women who love the Lord with all their heart and were there to serve Him.  It made the hard work fun, the hard times became times to praise the Lord, the long lines became times to share "songs", it was just one of the most amazing things to see.  Something that would make most people lash out at each other, made God shine through us even brighter! 

Instead of me being the only one sharing in this post, I decided to involve a few from the team as well as Kim and John Stott of Trinity Community Mission.  This way you get a little taste of what we experienced from more than just me :)


KIM STOTT, TRINITY COMMUNITY MISSION
Trinity Community Mission, where my true service to God was started. Since then my life has been filled with wonderful opportunities to watch our LORD and Savior work in so many ways. How can people not have a place to go and things to do where they know they are in the center of Gods will. This service God has so generously given me is where I am the happiest. I am so undeserving ,and so glad God is so merciful. We have had the Mission for about 11 years. We met Carol, Kristi, and Mr. Bob about 3 years ago, another of those miracles that God dropped into our lives. Love that God knows what we need when we need it. As long as I have been a member of Pinehill Baptist Church, we have had the wonderful ministry of the fair booth. We would work this booth at our local fair every year, and what money was made, we would pick a ministry or missionary and give the profits to. There has always been a special place in my heart for the fair booth. At the end of every fair week we would have a fish fry for the people working with the fair and tell them about Jesus. That is, I believe, the first place God put the desire in me to serve those that sometimes get over looked.

God sent me another Miracle, people all the way from Fl. and Ms. to help raise the money that would go to the ministry that He had given me, Trinity Community Mission. How wonderful our Lord is. The money that was raised this past week will go to buy turkeys for Thanksgiving and hams for Christmas.  All of those who came to give of their time, are a God send. We had such a good time. Jesus showed up, His Spirit was awesome. Jesus introduced me to family I had never met, and I love everyone. The hardest and the most valuable thing you can give someone is your time. If you have never been, under the spout where Jesus is poured out, I challenge you ,give of yourself, Jesus won't let you down.
   Kim ~

MARY BETH GERVAIS, FIRST BAPTIST SALT SPRINGS
WHAT A WEEK! I was fully warned that it would be one of hardest weeks of my life .... and I went anyway! :) Joining Bob, Carol and Kristi for a week to serve the Lord was such a blessing! The fair booth was a place of hard work, fun, smiles and much movement. The public kept that place hopping. ORDER UP!!!!!! Emoji For 5 days I enjoyed working with those precious people of Olla who make Trinity Community Mission operate. Hard working John and Kim and their awesome crew worked with us - I enjoyed being with all of them. We shared LOTS of laughs and a crazy fast pace but I was reminded that God sustains and takes control of all situations. Under the divine providence of God, I was able to hold some great conversations and recognize God at work around me. He had people doing things they would NEVER usually do and talking to people they would NEVER usually talk to. The Lord never ceases to amaze me in how He uses our feeble attempts for His glory. What a joy to serve with my church family members of Salt Springs, my own Mom from Hattiesburg, MS, two sisters from Marion County, Debra and Janis, and with my new friends from Olla. To God be the Glory as we all continue to serve Jesus by serving others. 
Mary Beth ~


JANIS GODFREY, FIRST BAPTIST SPARR
Jennifer was from South Carolina, Brittany's dad died last July, Jeff's sons name is Alex, Kenny has three horses, Candace and Tiffany are sisters, Jimmy lives in Tallahassee, Roxy hadn't saved her money for the winter.....Taking the time to talk to each person I met that worked for the carnival helped me to pray with them, specifically for their needs.  Nobody refused to pray with me!  What a blessing to be used by God to touch people's lives and share His love for them, with them...Glory be to GOD!!!
Janis ~

FRANK LUNSFORD, FIRST BAPTIST SALT SPRINGS
Frank our drink filler, song singer,
kid lover and over all crowd control!
OH and drink deliver with Daddy at night!
It was fun to travel so far to help people in need.  I enjoyed the fact that we were feeding carnival workers who had needs that we could help with. I loved being able to share God's love by our actions. They were in need to know God's Word and I am glad we were able to share it. Enjoyed the people we worked with in the stand and the people we met while we were there. I loved being allowed to share my testimony and that people listened intently. Hoping my testimony touched them in a special way, but most of all I am thankful to God for giving me a chance to share my love with others in a different part of the country. I enjoyed being able to work with Bob, Carol and Kristi again and I enjoyed working with Kim and John.  I pray that someday in the near future we'll get to do it all again.  It was a growing experience and I thank you for allowing me to be part of it.
Frank ~

JOHN STOTT, TRINITY COMMUNITY MISSIONS

Oh, did I mention John is the
Olla, Police Chief
I must say that we had a wonderful time working at the booth with Kristi, Carol, Bob and the gang last week. There was a lot to be done in a short amount of time. It was the most fun I had at the booth since I started working in it.

This was the first time that we met half of the group but by the second day we felt like we had known each other forever.  God really showed up and showed off , to see the faces of the crew of the fair when we gave free coffee and food to them and how thankful they were.

Most importantly we got to share the gospel with them. People who grow up in church don't realize how intimidating it can be to go to a church where you don't know anyone.  This past week there was none of that . We are servant's for GOD so it is so important to act like one and just serve, Sometimes just being there is enough.

Thanks all who came and worked and the crew of Trinity Missions also we love you all.
I am a little tired of gumbo and chili for awhile.
John ~


So, as you can see, it was a really great week working with each other for the Kingdom.  The true reality is, if it isn't for God's Kingdom, there is no eternal significance.  I praise the Lord for all He did this past week.  I praise Him for allowing us to work with our home folks and to visit with them.  I praise the Lord for bringing other members of our faith family along and allowing us to get to know and love them.  I praise the Lord for the opportunity to share His gospel, His truth and His LOVE to those that crossed our path.  I praise the Lord in ALL THINGS! 

After the week at the fair, never more true is our RV'n 4 Jesus verse ~

"Let us not grow weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.  Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers."  Galatians 6:9-10

Amen and Amen!

Enjoy the pictures and would love to hear from YOU, and please keep us in your prayers.

Until next time ~
Kristi
Bob & Carol
RV'n 4 Jesus
Galatians 6:9-10

 Getting the booth ready, the food bought and put away!















 Gumbo, chili and banana pudding to be made!















 
 
I think there must be something to the "helping" with making the banana pudding!  hmmm  or should I say helping with the "CLEAN UP"

One pan approx 75 servings -
We went through 3 pans of this
stuff!
                   
 LET THE FAIR BEGIN!!!  BUSY WORKING!!!
We had to be more than flexible - we became fluid!
You never knew where you would end up - we all worked together and had a great time!!!


  



 
Trinity Mission Crew -
You guys ROCK!!! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
But don't worry - we were
able to take breaks too! :)
The TRUE grill master
Sheena trained us all!!!
 
 
Each night Daddy
and Frank would take
coffee and hot chocolate
to the workers.
 
 
 
 AND OF COURSE WE HAVE TO HAVE OUR
"CHEESEN FOR THE CAMERA" PICTURES!!!
 
Maurine - one of our awesome
order takers!!!
Can't have pictures without
our photo bombers! :)
Janis and Marylou wrapping
yet another 100 spoons,napkins
and 10 crackers!
 







Ms Debra....
Best Pie Maker EVER!!!
Peanut-butter - Blueberry - Peanut
Egg Custard - Chocolate Pecan
Buttermilk - Pecan -
And I am sure I have
forgotten one - they were loved
by soooo many!!!
I think they were tired at the end of the night
Misty, Momma, Kim and Sheena!
Mary Beth and Ms Laurie,
from the mission, so thankful
for her help each night!

Trish and Keith, volunteers from the mission,
You guys are awesome!!!
Ms Minnie and Mary Beth
what a mother daughter duo!
 


Marylou our faithful
cash register runner!
Mary Beth even recruited Jen,
an almost local from Pineville
to come help.  Thanks Jen, it was
great meeting and working with you!
 



Misty, volunteer from the mission,
you were amazing in the kitchen,
you and Trish rocked it!!!
I praise the Lord for this friend of mine!
She is a true woman of God who
speaks truth to everyone she
comes in contact with.  Her heart
is so genuine and Christ centered!
What an honor to call her my friend!


Janis, the other awesome order taker and Charlie -
One of my favorite picutres!
More photo bombers....




Even Ms Minnie was a photo bomber!
She was literally cheesen!  :)

and another photo bomb! :)


Two best order takers!!!!


 





THE FRY QUEEN - MS MARY!
 Ms Mary has faithfully worked the fair booth frying the french fries for years.  Everyone calls her the Fry Queen.  Kim said she was going to get her a crown for her that said Fry Queen.  So this year we helped Kim make it happen, we got her a tiara and added Fry Queen and presented it to her.  She was at the booth from the morning till we closed at night.  She filled order after order of fries, with the sweetest of spirit.  What a precious woman we had the privilidge to work with and to call...
The Fry Queen!



From our mission team to you
WE LOVE YOU FRY QUEEN!!!!
 Now what the week was all about - making relationships and sharing the gospel - the fish fry!
Gathering to go over the food service and
share prayers together before going to
to the fish fry.
Thank you Frank for sharing your
testimony and most of all the gospel!

Waiting on everyone to come in -
once we began it was too busy to get pictures - but it was a great time!



 Saying Goodbye is NEVER easy!
Couldn't believe the week went so fast!

Thank ya'll so much for coming along side of Trinity Community Mission
and us - it was an honor to serve with each one of you!
We love you all and pray we can serve together again someday!


 And a trip to Olla is never complete until we serve at
Trinity Community Mission!


 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Jesus for a wonderful week , I pray there are many more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Ma'am it was a wonderful week!!!! I can't wait to see how He will provide along the way!!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for your obedience to God's call on your lives. Y'all are such a blessing! We're thankful for and love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Katrina - We feel like this area in LA is a little piece of our "HOME" family. God has connected us to ya'll and we love ya'll too!

      Delete