Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Ba-Bye DC - Hello Baltimore!!!

HEYYYYYY!  Yep - it's Kristi!  This week is going to be a special treat...You will be hearing from all three of us on our DC adventures.  That place was just too awesome for only one of us to get to share. I will start us off - we are each going to share our favorite part of the trip.
I know a lot of you have been to DC so you will get to walk with us through our retelling of of it.  Others haven't been, so let me just say....GO TO DC!!!!  MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!

I loved all of the history - the preservation of history should I say, the monuments were outstanding, every where I looked my eyes saw wonders and sights that I could never have imagined without being there to take it all in.  I am so thankful for friends telling me the MUST SEE and MUST DO while in DC.  But for me to choose just one to share about...that was easy!

For those of you that are on my FB page you already know I am a HUGE fan of the farmers markets....Well - I found my HAPPY PLACE at the Eastern Market in DC.  WOW I was loving it from the moment I laid eyes on it coming down 7th St (road drive ave whatever..i just know it was 7th...lol).  All of the white tents set up, the people all over the place, all of the treasures for my eyes to behold was waiting for me just down the road.  I was filled with such excitement, I could hardly contain it, I even did a little giggle and there was most definitely a skip in my step as I got closer.  We saw such an array of things from flea market trinkets to home made sausage.  Hand made wind chimes out of glass to purses made out of books.  Beautiful pictures made out of fabric sewn together on a 1968 Singer sewing machine (yea LOVED her stuff) to scarves out of copper computer wire.  And let me just pause right here to just say OH MY WORD - THE FRESH VEGGIES AND FRUITS!  WOW - the colors were absolutely brilliant - the produce was so fresh.  To know that you were buying farm fresh produce makes it even better.  God is so amazing in the colors He used to create all these veggies/fruits.  Beautiful - brings whole new meaning to "Taste the rainbow"  skittles ain't got nothing on God's rainbow of colors that's for sure!  OH and I didn't mention the hand made jewelry - AHHHHHHH - MY WEAKNESS!!!  But I did good - just loved from afar - didn't get anything.   So we wondered around enjoying the most amazing weather we could have asked for - all the little treasures for your eyes to behold - Then came the hardest part of our day....WHAT ARE WE GOING TO GET?  Decisons decisions decisions...We filled our bags with some of the most amazing produce, from tomatoes to Amish apple butter.  OH and the CHEESE - HEAVEN!!!  All I am going to say is the Amish sharp white cheddar - AAAAMAZING!!!   We also had to get the basil mozzarella sausage - can't pass that up to try...and yes...it was DELICIOSO!!  The flowers - everywhere - the colors were so brilliant.  Blows me away to see how beautiful they are up here.  The colors again...Thank you God for such amazing beauty you gave us in flowers...Oh the music that filled the air was such a wonderful treat.  It was a guy playing a banjo - wonderful musician.  Then as we left the market area we stumbled upon a cooking demonstration - Thank you GOD - farmers market and cooking - 2 of my favorite things ...He prepared a fresh peach and eggplant dish - and the best part was we got to taste it once he was finished...YUMMO!!! I gotta wrap it up to let Momma and Daddy share about their favorite too. But, if you are ever in DC - GO TO THE MARKET!!!  :) 


Krist -



8 different kinds of olives - OMW





 
 

 
 
 
Next up....Momma -

So many "favorites" in our trip to our Nation's capitol, it's difficult to choose one. I think mine would be the monuments and memorials . That's a wide range but they all brought the same feeling of awe and pride in our country. The monuments of our great founders all reminded us of our country was founded "under God". A sadness was there also as I thought how far our country has gotten from their allegiance to the one true God.
 
As we walked through the memorials, I again realized how blessed I was to not have lost any close loved ones in the wars that have been fought by our men and women. As I touched the names of those on the Vietnam Wall, I thought, Bob's name could have been there, or one of my brothers, Gerald or Bruce. I walked through the Korean War Memorial, my oldest brother, Grant, could have died there. I honor those who gave their life in service during the wars the United States has been involved in. As we walked around the WW II Memorial, a group of "Honor Flight" men arrived. Those are men who are veterans of WW II. How honored we were to see them as they each had their picture taken in front of their state's memorial.
   
Arlington National Cemetery was so emotional. I had the same feeling as the memorials
as I saw grave stone after grave stone of men and women, each with some connection to service to our country. Yes, they gave their lives to insure our freedom, but there is One, Jesus, the Christ, who gave his life for us for a more important freedom, freedom from the bondage of sin and opened the door to a relationship with the Almighty God.
   
Yes, it was a week of pride, not in what we have done, but in what God has done through men and women of America. May we always give Him Glory.

Carol -

 










 
 
Next up....Daddy
03-May-14
Our trip to Washington DC...WOW!

I made several trips into DC when Carol and I were stationed at Marine barracks, Annapolis, Maryland.  There was just to much to see and not enough time, two weeks was not enough time to cover it all, so we picked and chose where we would go and see.
We started at the camp ground on Andrews Air Force Base as you know.  We got to see Air Force One, and other presidential party planes come and go daily.  The campground was less than 2 miles from the hanger.  I did a lot of bicycle riding on base.
Now onto my part - The Museum of Air and Space...What a place!  Planes hanging at all angles and planes all over the floor.  The place was bigger than huge!!  We took a tour and did not cover it all, but most of some very important planes in our history, starting with the Wright brothers and Kitty Hawk, North Carolina.  Did you know that they were not the first?  They were not, but they were the first to get their plane in the air for their flight.
We saw and heard about each and plane that was built and flown and for what reason.  Some were built for recreation, transportation and military purpose.
The first airplane for transporting people and why, the plane built and changed so it could drop the atomic bomb on Japan.  From prop to jet...What a sight!  Then the secret type planes/jets...
Now on to outer space - YES!  We saw the shuttle that went up 39 times!  Where it when and why it went.
It was fantastic to say the least...You needed two days just for the museum!  You do not get the whole story by looking you have to stop and read why it was built and for what reason.
Thanks for taking the time to read my little bit of telling you some history.
 
Bob -
 
  

 
Me(Kristi) again....
I So wish we had more time and space to share all we did, but it would be a two hour read...and I promised I would try to keep them short. :)
 
Eastern Market definitely my favorite, but WOW Rolling Thunder sure was a close second.  They estimated over a million motorcycles that rode into Washington for Memorial Day to Honor and Never Forget the fallen soldiers and the POW and MIA.  What an amazing sight to see.  Yes we have seen so much and still amazed at the preservation of our nations history.  SO COOL!!!  Not the biggest history scholar, but DC was really pretty cool and yes I did learn a whole lot!!!  God was so good to us while we were there.  He was always right there providing the way as He always does.  Kept us safe and we survived the Metro :)  It was great, except the night trip...yea I was scared!  But again, God kept us safe!   Oh and living on base at Andrews AFB was AWESOME!!!!  I loved the constant helicopters flying over - planes huge planes taking off, practically made the ground shake and of course my nightly playing of Taps...I LOVED IT!!!  Oh and the night time monuments were AMAZING!!!  SOOOOO glad a friend told me to make sure I did that!!! 
 
I told a friend that all I HAD to do was get my picture in front of the White House because I would never be back....Well I got my picture, but I SOOOOO want to come back!!  DC was great!!!
 
But I will assure you, even in DC - we made sure we took time to give thanks and to stop and smell the roses!!


 
Love you all, please continued prayers.  God has a great since of humor and timing!  We are having a blast but never forgetting our Mission, our Motive or our Master!
 
Kristi ~
Galatians 6:9-10
 
Don't forget to leave us a comment...It is so nice hearing from all of you back home, makes the distance seem so much smaller!!!
 
 
Heading to Baltimore, MD for the next 12 days and will be attending the SBC.  Camping at Patapsco Valley State Park....LOTS of trees - just what this girl needs after DC!!!




Donations and Sponsorships are welcomed!
Giving is a blessing for others as well as a blessing to us.



Pay Pal account -
enter kristiskreations1@yahoo.com (my business account) and follow the instructions.
If you do NOT have a Pay Pal account there is a .59 cent fee for the transaction.

To mail a check - please send it to our home church ~
First Baptist Church Salt Springs
C/O Mary Beth Gervais
24100 NE Hwy 314
Salt Springs, FL 32134.


Either way, whether you choose to make a contribution or not, please know that your prayers are very much wanted, needed and appreciated. We are walking by faith and know that God will provide! Thank you and God Bless!

 
 
 


 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment